Last night, before sitting down to watch the football games, I opened up my IVF folder from my doctor just to review the next steps since I was starting Lupron this morning. I knew that I would be emotional during this time, with all the medicine and just the IVF procedure in general, but it hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. I just started crying, uncontrollably. Kyle asked me what was wrong and I guess it just comes from being overwhelmed, a bit drained from all we have done so far, and also scared for whats to come.
I think that Kyle and I both feel a little TOO confident about this IVF sometimes, thinking, how could this not work when our only problem is his low count, and IVF w/ ICSI solves that problem for us...but then by reading some ladies different posts on my favorite message board, I came to realize that this isn't fool proof and we could very well walk away from this without being pregnant. I don't want to be over confident, but I don't want to be pessimistic either, I guess I will somehow have to find a happy median.
In the mean time, my cousin is in Egypt right now preparing for her IVF procedure next week, so I will be praying for her and her IVF success. Love you Leslie!




2 comments:
Ok, I'm on the drugs too and now you've made me cry. Thank you for the wishes. Love you too.
I was on the exact same protocol as you! Hang in there. . . it really is overwhelming . . . you wonder if you'll be able to do the shots, you wonder if the shots will make you crazy with hormones, you wonder if it will work, you count on it working and then you fear that it won't, and you work not to get your hopes up . . . it is definitely an emotional process, but you CAN do it, and I hope you'll be announcing your BFP in no time!
-Tkeys
Post a Comment