Yesterday I posted on my message board about concerns that I had with the RE wanting to do a 3day transfer vs. a 5 day transfer. I wanted to share the response from one of the ladies on the board which really brought me some comfort. This woman has been a constant shoulder for my tears and has been a true inspiration and blessing to me.
She wrote:
"First of all, YAY!!! That is great - they like to see about a 50% rate for maturity/fertilization, so that is amazing.
As for whether you should worry about a 3dt v. 5dt, my clinic said they do the 5dt only if you have so many amazing embryos they can't determine which are the "best" - usually, you need 4-5 perfect 8-celled embryos at the 3 day mark before they decide to grow them out. It could be that it is already clear (from fragmentation/how they are dividing) which are the "best" so they don't like to run the risk of keeping them in the lab any longer than is beneficial/necessary. I also did a 3dt (and was disappointed), but it turned out fine. As for how many to transfer, they will make a suggestion to you on the day of transfer based on what they feel will give you the highest success rate. I was told the ideal is 2 perfect 8-cells on day 3. I didn't have that - so we transferred back 1 perfect 8-cell, 1 slightly fragmented 5 cell, and 1 very fragmented 4 cell because that was what I was told would give me the best odds. I think your RE & embryologist will make the right recommendation based on how your embies are growing! Your nurse could also be trying to manage expectations, too, so try not to read anything into it"
I should receive a call from the nurse this afternoon with an update as to whether I am going in tomorrow or if indeed we can wait for a 5 day transfer. Either way, I feel confident that the choice my Dr. makes will be the right one for me. I'm ready to bring my embabies home!
On a side note, I'm still feeling pretty awful, so gassy and my lower back aches like crazy. I'm at work and intend to stay for the whole day but I am very ready to feel better and back to normal.
SOOOOO its your lucky day, because I will be posting twice, once again this afternoon after the nurse calls.
Til then....




No comments:
Post a Comment