Monday, November 24, 2008

First Fertilization Report..and a bit Confused:(

The nurse just called, of the 19 eggs retrieved, 12 of them were matured and 10 of them have actually fertilized.

One thing that has concerned me today was that the nurse felt as though we would be doing a 3day transfer (meaning transfer would be this Wednesday) vs. the 5day transfer that we had been planning on. I don't know why she feels this way, but I'm scared that things are going as well as they want. Afterall, its only day 1, why would they think Wednesday instead of Friday, whats going on?

Of course, the nurse could be wrong, because she is the one that told me that my trigger shot was going to be on a Thursday and it wasn't until Friday which if you remember, severely pissed me off.

If we do in fact do a 3 day vs a 5 day transfer, I will really have to contemplate whether transferring just 1 embryo back in is the best option, or if we should go for 2 or 3. I guess I will have more answers tomorrow. Tkeys was right, I hate this waiting:(

I'm still in some pain, I have severe cramps around my whole stomach and back. I am constipated (hey I said this blog was raw) and my face has broken out. I went to work this morning but couldn't take the pain so I left early. I was so lightheaded that Kyle had to come pick me up and drive me home. This is certainly not fun.

I'll update with more tomorrow, right now its back to bedrest.

2 comments:

The Connelly's said...

I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted!!!
XOXO

Me said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! Just trust them . . . the RE and the embryologist will make the decision together and recommend the right thing for you to do. Your nurse could be wrong, or it could be that it is already clear (based on # of cells or fragmentation) which are the "best" embryos. They only hold out for the 5 day transfer when there are too many good ones to determine the "best" embryos. I did a 3 day transfer, too, and at first I was disappointed and thought it meant things weren't going well. Just hang in there and have some faith in the process! The next few days will be filled with worry and anxiety - even the 2ww is easier.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones