Thursday, November 6, 2008

Taking a Mental Health Day!

Yesterday I was an emotional mess. I was either crying out of jealousy that Amanda gets this romantic getaway with Jay this weekend, or angry (like wanna hit someone angry) at the 300 emails I had to go through at work and the 15 boxes I had to move from one office to another- for the 3rd time. I went home, where Kyle had dinner made on the table for me, it was awesome. It calmed me down just to talk to my husband and be in my comfort zone. I decided to take a bubble bath, turn off the lights, light some candles and have a glass of wine. It was perfect.

Today I wake up, a complete mess again by the time I am at work. I think to myself, am I in a rut? Am I bored of the same get up go to work routine? Or is the Lupron shot just totally making me out of whack. Whatever the reason, I decided that I desperately needed a mental health day. And just for the record, I have the best boss in the world, she couldn't be more understanding of what I am going through. When I came to her to ask about having tomorrow off, she told me that she completely understood and I had her full support. I'm lucky to have her as a boss, I could work for her forever.

I'm hoping to take tomorrow to really just have a "me" day. These past few weekends have been anything but relaxing, I've had to travel to NY for a wedding, the golf tournament and this weekend yet another wedding out of town. I haven't had time to freshen up in a very long time.... to anyone this can be draining, to someone on fertility drugs, its 10x worse!

I watched an IVF webcast on my Centers website, very informative. I find that the more I learn about what I am doing, the more comfortable and confident I can be doing it. I'm still quite nervous about the egg retrieval, when I go under anesthesia..that kind of sucks, but all other parts of this journey I feel ready and prepared. I'm openly admitting that one of the main reasons I can't wait to start my period and get this thing over with is to be done with taking these hormones. I'm not sure how much longer I can take it, or Kyle for that matter:(

I also read yesterday that I have to take a progesterone oil injection in the "upper quadrant of my buttocks" starting the day of retrieval up until pregnancy is determined. If I am not pregnant, I stop, if I am...injections for another 12 weeks. Damn, it never ends! I saw this oil shot at my injections class, its quite the thick little substance, I can imagine taking it as a shot is going to be so pleasant! I guess it beats the alternative...where I was taking prometrium capsules up my ying yang twice a day for 2 weeks. It was like having a yeast infection for life. Sorry, TMI.

Okay, I'm done rambling for today. Probably will not post again until Monday when I am back in the office, and hopefully by then my period will have shown and I will have my lupron evaluation (ultrasound and bloodwork) so I can give some results!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Me said...

Hope tomorrow makes you feel better! BTW - if you ask your RE, he/she may switch you to progesterone suppositories. Recent studies have actually shown that there is no difference in effectiveness and it will save your rump! I also got calmer the more I knew - you will be just fine! - Tkeys


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones