I have heard stories from different women over the past few months saying that after their embryo transfer, they would be afraid to cough or sneeze for the simple fear of the embryo popping out of the uterus. I used to think that was a pretty funny fear and that I would in no way be like that, but the hell if I'm not! I just have to keep myself relaxed and stress free, but it is very hard not to analyze every feeling, every cramp, every symptom. I even had a dream last night that I took a pregnancy test and got a positive..that Kyle and I started crying together out of pure joy. LOL I even got mad at myself in the dream for not taking a picture of the pee stick and posting it on the blog for everyone.. I've officially gone blog crazy.
I keep wondering when I will give up and pee on the stick, but parts of me just want to wait as long as possible, because testing too early and seeing a negative would be a huge downer. Its really hard for an obsessive person like myself to refrain from such activities I tell ya. I have some major willpower going on..thats for damn sure.
On a positive note, I'm FINALLY starting to feel normal again, and let me tell you, it feels great. Besides a little lower back pain, I felt ready to face the world this morning. Thank goodness I didn't get too backed up with work while I was out last week.
The Giants beat the Redskins last night- the Giants looked good, the Redskins just looked terrible. I've come to the realization that I will probably have to deal with the Giants winning another Super Bowl this year and having to deal with Kyle's disgusting football happiness for yet another year. And to think, at the beginning of the season I thought to myself, only a few more months and just maybe he will shut up. Wishful thinking was all that was!
The Dr. will call this morning to tell me if any of my embryos were able to make it to the freezing stage. Unfortunately, when I spoke with the Dr. the day of my transfer, she didn't leave me feeling that hopeful that I would have any embies to freeze. Maybe the little fighters came thru over the past few days and will prove the dr. wrong- that would be truly amazing.
Lastly but certainly not leastly....today is my friend Michelle's 26th birthday, Happy Bday Chelle:)
Boorstein Out.




4 comments:
Scary, isn't it? I never thought I'd be so obsessive either, and yet, after all we go through with IVF, there is this fear of "messing it up." I can only say that if my embryo survived bronchitis and a sinus infection and all the drugs I had to take for that during the 2ww, those buggers are pretty resilient, and there really isn't anything that is a basic fact of living that we do that will get in the way of their growth. Not that it will make you any less paranoid. Good luck! - Tkeys
Good luck....wishing you the best! I'll definitely keep checking in to see how you are progressing! - Donna & Thorne
Oh you sound so much like me! :) haha. My dog jumped in my lap the day after my transfer and I burst into tears because I thought he' ruined my chance of getting pregnant! :) How far past transfer are you? I got my first positive 6dp5dt, but it as late in the day. And it was very light! I'll be checking in to see what happens, good luck!!!
We're thinking about you!!! I agree that you should try and hold out as long as possible before taking the test, but I can't WAIT until you do!!!!
XOXO
Post a Comment