I got an email yesterday from the "new girl" at Shady Grove who is supposed to be submitting my authorization to MAMSI. She asked me to send her a copy of my marriage certificate. EEEKKKKK.
Well, first I had to ask, why? I've done three IUI's and 1 IVF already, why now are you asking for it? And it turns out that it is a guideline with MAMSI insurance that Kyle and I be married so we have to show proof. Fair enough.
So here is the thing about our marriage certificate. Kyle and I haven't seen it since we moved into our house in March 2008. I know, bad right? Well, the shitty thing about it is that its in a beautiful silver holder with our name and wedding date engraved into it (Thanks Aunt Linda!) and we just had no idea where it was. I started to panic, because I've looked for it before. Kyle and I have this nice display on our kitchen wall of all of our wedding things, our glasses, pictures, unity candle, ring bearer flower... and I desperately wanted to put my marriage certificate there...but was having NO luck finding it. I quickly started to think, OH CRAP, what if we can't get approved because I can't find it! I went online really quick to see how I could obtain a copy, and it was actually quite easy. For anyone who ever needs to do this (or get a birth/death certificate) you go to Vitalchek.com, enter the info, pay the fee and you should have what you need within the week or two. So my problem was, I don't have a week or two. I need my meds in a week, which means they need to be approved and ordered like yesterday!
I went back upstairs, and then downstairs and looked thru boxes that still have stuff in them (yes, almost a year later, we still have boxes, shut up!) but no luck:( When Kyle got home I told him that we had a problem and said that we needed to find it. I started to think of what box of stuff I would have put it in when we were packing the apartment up, and realized that the stuff it would have been with, I haven't seen since the move either, so we must have not even opened the box yet. Kyle went into the garage, piddled for a few minutes and then came upstairs with a box marked "Garage". We opened it up, and Holy Shit! There were picture frames, wedding albums, all sorts of stuff wrapped in newspaper. Low and behold, the last thing we unwrapped was our WEDDING CERTIFICATE!!!
So I just emailed Rainette (Shady Grove lady) telling her that I was faxing it, and actually ended up thanking her for giving us that extra little push to find it because it unveiled lots of things that I had forgotten about. Kyle and I looked thru albums of our wedding that my Mom had put together, it was fun! The pictures reminded us of just how fun that day was. Anyways, I just faxed it over to her, now I can take it home and put it on our little shelf with everything else, YAY!
Case closed.
In other news, Cam baby is sick. I stayed home with him yesterday because he had a fever and bad cough. Today we sent him to school, and I just got a call from the nurse that he has vomitted 3 times and needs to go home. I called Nelson, because I stayed home yesterday, and he can't leave work..so I called Kyle, and Kyle said he would go get him, take him to his brothers house and then go back to work. I call Nelson to tell him that I have it taken care of and he said, wait, I'm waiting to hear if Katie can go get him. So I call Kyle back and tell him to wait, and now I am just eagerly sitting here to see what is going on. Did you catch all of that?
Poor thing, I hope he is better by Saturday, we have a date with Disney!
On that note, Kyle is the sweetest husband in the world. He called me today and said that he wanted to know if we could take Cameron out of school for a day or two in early March. He wanted to take us to the Wolf Lodge in VA (if you don't know what that is, you should, its awesome!) But I had to remind Kyle that I will be monitoring in early March and its not a good idea for me to leave. He just wanted a little family getaway. I'm so lucky. So, instead, he is trying to get off on Monday since I already have off and Cameron doesn't have school (Thank you Presidents!!) and we are going to try and go to the river house for Saturday afternoon until Monday. That would be lovely, just to get away from here- so we will see. I'm crossing my fingers on this one!!!!!
Update: Katie is leaving work to go get Cameron, so now I can leave for lunch since Amanda has been ever so patiently waiting.
BRB.
So how do you guys like the new page? I thought it was cute, just doing a little something different for your viewing pleasure:) I have my performace review in about 15, yippee. I hate things like this, I know they are necessary, but you'd think you would stop getting graded after high school!
Later Gator.




3 comments:
So glad you found your wedding certificate (and holder). Sorry Cammie is sick. Please give him a big hug and a kiss for me and tell him I hope he gets better real soon. AND, I miss the little froggy!
Hope everything went okay at your Performance Review...I had one of them yesterday!
I love the new page! I am glad you were able to find your marraige certificate and can get this IVF going!
Post a Comment