This might be silly, but I spent the majority of the ride into work this morning crying my eyes out. (Don't worry, there wasn't any traffic so this was only about a 20 minute ride, not an hour like normal!)
Nelson called me this morning, he told me that Cameron is still pretty sick and he is not going to school. I said, "Oh No! He'll miss his Valentines Day Party." Nelson told me yeah, Cameron is really upset about that. He told Cameron that he could take his Valentines on Tuesday to the class and give them out to everyone. And then Cameron said, "Yeah but I'm not going to get any Valentine's"
When Nelson told me that, I lost it. As a parent, the last thing you ever want your child to do is experience sadness. I just kept on thinking about how excited he was for this (because his school doesn't do Halloween parties so really, this is the one and only party of the year) and now his heart must be so sad.
I called the school and left a message for the teacher, begging her to keep Cameron's Valentines to the side and give them to him on Tuesday. I'd like to think she will do this, but I obviously can't gaurantee it to Cameron. For lunch I am going to run to Hallmark and get him a Valentine and bring it to him (He is at the In-laws house right across the street from my work) and I hope that will brighten up his day a little bit. My Mom also mentioned that she sent something in the mail to him, so when we get home tonight and he gets that, I'm hoping that will cheer him up too. Lastly, I'm sending an email to my Mother-In-Law to see if she will bring a little Valentine home to him too.
My poor baby:(
Mom, don't get your panties in a bunch... I know you told me to check the mail last night for the card, but Cameron was with Nelson and I thought he would find it exciting to open the mailbox and have something for him, so I am waiting until he can get it himself this evening!!!!
So anyways, just thought I would share my sad morning with you all. Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday (oooohhhhhh Friday the 13th, lol, what a bunch of BS) and a Happy Valentines Day...oh and for those lucky like me, enjoy your 3 day weekend!!!!
Love, Shannon




3 comments:
Aww that is the cutest thing ever. Happy V day Cam ! lol And yeah for 3 day weekends
I hope his teacher put his stuff aside and he will get to be excited to see it all on Tuesday. Enjoy your weekend!
I hope when Cameron goes back to school tomorrow that he is able to receive his Valentines. He though he was out sick, I bet he will feel even more special when he gets them. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!!
Post a Comment