My guest blogger is not quite ready to post, I'm hoping that I will have something tomorrow for you guys! Meanwhile, I thought I would post about a decision that I just made....one that I am quite excited yet nervous about.
Acupuncture.
Don't worry guys, I haven't gone off the deep end.... yet. Actually, studies have shown that acupuncture used with IVF has increased pregnancy rates as much as 35%. I've been going back and forth on the idea of doing it and being that I don't have much time, I knew I had to make a decision on it quickly. I found someone with very reasonable rates (because you know insurance doesn't cover it!) right in Gaithersburg who specializes with infertility acupuncture. I made my first appointment for tomorrow evening at 5:30 and I am very stoked about it. She said that she treats women AND men for infertility...but don't worry Kyle, I won't even TRY to talk you into a session:)
Now, I want everyone to understand that I know this is not going to make or break our next IVF. Nothing is concrete and although it may have helped many women, I'm sure at the same time it hasn't helped many women too. At this point, I'm thinking it can't hurt though, and I think ultimately taking some time out for myself and doing something for ME can only help things, not harm them. I'm sure some of you might be thinking that I've lost it, and maybe I have, who knows. But your support is what gets me through the day, so just try to believe in it with me.
LOL, I canNOT believe that I am going to do this, I think my fear of needles has officially gone away. It is about time I tell ya!
This journey sure has taught me so many things, made me grow in so many ways, and explore so many life changing and spiritual options. I know that all of this doesn't mean that I will love our baby anymore than any of you love your children that didn't have to go through this, or anymore than I love Cameron, but it definitely makes me appreciate the gift of life more than I ever did before. The things I took for granted I never will again, and I also think it makes the people that I know who can get pregnant so easily appreciate just how easy they have it.
No complaints, no regrets. I am absolutely blessed for the life that I have and regardless of the outcome of this next IVF, I will never forget that.




1 comment:
I love acupunture! I hope that it helps us both be successful this month!
Post a Comment