Friday, March 13, 2009

Sorry for the Wait!

Its 4:00 pm and no sign of Nurse Mary. I'm anxious at my desk, everytime I walk away, I carry my cell phone with me. I know that as soon as I walk away from the phone, she is going to call. I send her an email, "Hey Mary, its ME! Just wondering how things are looking. Call me when you can." 4:30 rolls around, still nothing. Do I want to be one of those annoying patients that just can't wait for her to call me? Yes I do. I called Shady Grove and sure enough, I get Mary's voicemail. On her voicemail it says, I do not check voicemail messages after 3:30. WHAT??? So what now. I wait, wait, wait. Ugh what is going on? Doesn't she know I am dying over here? 4:45, I decide to call again. This time I tell the receptionist, "Look I am supposed to be getting a fertilization report today and its almost 5:00 and I haven't heard anything." She asks me my name, and my nurse. She told me that she thought Nurse Mary had left for the day.

OHHHHH them some fighting words.

Then she comes back on the phone and tells me not to worry, Nurse Mary was still there and she would call me back. I had my acupuncture appointment so I couldn't wait around for her call. I quickly got my stuff together and raced to my car. You see, I have NO service on my cell phone from the time I leave my desk to the time I get to my car. Wouldn't you know it, I get to my car and beep beep I have a new voicemail. GRRRR, I knew that would happen.

Yes, it was Nurse Mary, apologizing. Basically she said she was training a new person and that person was supposed to be making the phone calls for the day BUT she forgot that she had told her that she wanted to personally call me. So nice of her, because then she forgot to make that personal phone call. Oh well, at the end of the day, I got the report of how my lil embabies were doing and I must say, I'm still very pleased with the growth.

So, on Day 3:

(1) 8-celled
(1) 7-celed
(3) 6-celled
(1) 5-celled

I know this doesn't mean much to you unless you know how embryos are supposed to grow once fertilized, but just trust me when I say these are pretty damn good. I'm so surprised, and blessed, that all 7 are still growing for their Mommy!

So what do you say, how about I transfer all 7 tomorrow and try to go for Octo-Mom Part II! LOL, just kidding. MOM, just kidding! You know when you say something that makes someone clinch their chest in disbelief, well I feel like that was my Mom about two seconds ago! No, no worries- one is enough!

I never really touched on the famous Octo Mom though, so let me do that real quick. I do believe she is an idiot, and I do believe she has some sort of mental problem going on- but I more so think that the RE should be held liable. At my center, the RE wouldn't even think about placing that many embryos in. In fact, I think he cringes at the thought of more transferring more than 3! I feel bad for those babies and I just hope that the Mom gets her act together. And lets all pray together that she got her tubes tied. No No, lets pray she had those tubes just taken out all together!

So, Nurse Mary promised me that she would call EARLY today with the 4day report and my OR time for tomorrow. I will update you when I know something.

Peace.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones