Friday, March 13, 2009

Two Posts in One Day..Ur Happy!

I wish I was.

Nurse Mary called extra early this morning as she said she would. She said that 5 of the embryos are still growing, 2 didn't have much of a change (but that it didn't mean they were done, just that they are a little slower than the rest)

She gave me my transfer time of 1:00pm tomorrow, so I have to be there at 12:30 with a full bladder.

Here comes the bad part. I asked her if there was a chance that, like last time, I would get a call tomorrow and be told to wait until Sunday. She said, "there is always a chance of that". Then she said, "I'm not the best at fertilization reports, I generally can see what is good and bad but I'm no expert. But what I can see in general that there is a potential chance of a day 6 transfer judging by the growth of your embryos. They are a little on the "slow" side."

GRRRR. I just don't get it, why do my embryos grow slow? Compared to some other ladies on day 3 fertilization reports, mine are just like theirs if not a bit better. Does my center just have different standards? I'm a bit upset, only because Dr. Levy said he pretty much chalked my miscarriage up to the fact of the embryos growing slower last time... and although I knew it was a possibility, I was really praying of not having to deal with the same thing this time around.

Please pray with me that the embryos do their "thing" in the next 24 hours and that I get to have a 5day transfer like planned.

2 comments:

Me said...

Hang in there . . . I know it is so hard. When we were doing IVF, our 5dt option was canceled because the embies weren't growing well, so I was sure my cy would fail. At day 2, ALL of my embies were behind schedule - I think they were all still 2 or 3 cells instead of 4 cells. At transfer time, only 1 embie made it to 8 cells - the others were 5, 4 and 3-celled. Nevertheless . . . it took! So try not to focus on what speed or how many are growing. It is SOOO difficult not to see the bad stuff and all the things that can go wrong during an IVF cy, but try to remember that the embies don't know they are supposed to work on a schedule. Even in natural TTC, embies grow and implant at a range of times - that is why some people see early BFPs and others don't. Good luck! - Tkeys

Kari said...

I agree with Tkeys, things will work out...they have to!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones