Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Breathe Baby, Breathe!

Today was my 34 week perinatologist appointment where I got to have another sonogram of our baby boy! Everything checked out great! As usual, the tech measured his head, belly, arm and leg bones as well as the amniotic fluid. Afterwards she did a BPP test (Biophysical Profile), which is the original point of the appointment and what I will be doing every week from here on out. They look for breathing, movement, tone, and largest pocket of fluid. The tech saw plenty of movement and Coen even kicked her about 3-4 times during the exam. When she went to check for his "practice breathing" she couldn't get Coen to wake up. We spent about 10 minutes rocking my stomach, almost to the point that I thought I was going to get sick. She then had me sit up and drink some water, then had me lay down, turn to my side, sit back up... after about 25 minutes Coen still was fast asleep in lala land and the tech wasn't getting what she wanted. Keep in mind, the whole time she is telling me that it is completely normal and since I hadn't had my lunch yet it was making it a bit harder. She asked me if I had any snacks in my bag and I had said no, so she had stepped out to talk to the Dr. about what they wanted to do (cause apparently, I wasn't leaving that table until this baby showed them some breathing!) It was then I remembered that I had a month-old bag of Sour Patch Kids from taking Cameron to a movie in my purse. I quickly grabbed three of them and chowed down. The Dr. came in as I was finishing and she started to view the baby, within 2 minutes she saw breathing. Ahhh, a sigh of relief. She said the breathing looked "beautiful".

Moving on, Coen is measuring almost a week ahead at 35w1d and weighs 5 pounds 13 ounces. Its going to be another big baby folks! With that being said, I thought it would be fun to post a little stats game for you to guess how much Coen will weigh, his height ect. You of course already know its a boy and that my c-section date is 11/23 BUT the question is, will I go in early? I personally think so, and maybe you do too- so guess away! Coen's Birth Stats Game

OHHHH and how could I forget to mention this, Coen is now HEAD DOWN. I knew those somersaults and skin stretching was him moving into position!
So tomorrow I have my OB appointment along with another ultrasound with the OB. Kyle didn't get to join me today so I am sure he is pretty excited to see Coen tomorrow. I told him earlier that Coen was very sad that his Daddy wasn't going to see him today and that the only way he would forgive him is if he fixed his Mommy some dinner tonight and rubbed her feet afterwards. I think thats fair, right? lol.
Other than the appointment today and the next one tomorrow, we are just finishing up on preperations for the baby. His closet has yet to be cleaned out (ahem Daddy) but I'm sure that will happen soon. We have been SO busy its just hard to get things done! This Saturday is the only Saturday we have free until my scheduled c-section date which is crazy to me, and even then it will be interupted by Cameron's football game at noon....which is fine, nothing better than watching my baby boy play his favorite sport!
Speaking of Cameron, he is just wonderful. We had his parent/teacher conference last week and he got rave reviews, the teacher literally couldn't say enough good things about him. She said he was a pleasure to have in the classroom and kept remarking how sweet he was. Cameron is in the top reading class and above level in both reading and math. He has also successfully completed the three assessments for 1st graders that most kids don't even complete by the end of the school year. I better start saving now, this child is Harvard bound :)
This past weekend was my best friends wedding and she was beautiful! It was a gloomy, rainy day but she shined as a bride. I'm so happy for Jessica and Dave and wish them nothing but the best.
I'll leave you with some pictures taken at today's appointment. The 3D ones are cute but the little booger still has his hand in his face as always. The tech laughed and told me that it would be just like that outside of the womb and I believe it. I will update again tomorrow after my OB appointment (lucky you) so hold tight and I'll see you on the flip side!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones