Coen is getting pretty big these days, according to bump.com he is now the size of a honeydew melon (my favorite type of melon of course!) He may grow a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake. He sure has not slowed down in his kicking, it actually is still getting more and more intense as the days go on but I shouldn't complain. Lord knows if he wasn't kicking away, I would be worried as hell.
Last week I had a surprise trip to the OB because I was leaking what appeared to be clear watery fluid. Apparently it was nothing, they did a check for amniotic fluid and the test was negative so that was a relief. As much as I want this pregnancy to be over, I know the importance of keeping this little booger bakin as long as possible.
This past weekend Kyle and I went to Buy Buy Baby and finished up some odds and ends. We bought our travel system and the bassinet as well as the changing pad cover and the car seat strap covers. Kyle is picking up the travel system today because it had to be shipped from the warehouse, but once that is in the house and the car seat installed, I will feel ready to go! A very exciting feeling that will be:) Disclosure to previous statement: Kyle this is NO way means that I am satisfied with Coen's room and the closet STILL needs to be cleaned out. Thanks.
Later that day we took a trip to Hagerstown Outlets so that Kyle could get Giants flags to hang outside the window for his trip to NY. While there I wanted to just stop into the Carter's Outlet to "look around" BIG MISTAKE. I knew walking in I would not be walking out empty handed, how could I? They have the cutest little outfits:) We ended up getting Coen a few outfits as well as some new mittens but didn't spend more than $40.00 which I felt was a huge success. Afterwards we stopped into Motherhood Maternity to get a belly belt in hopes to relieve some of the pressure I am having on my pelvic bone and back. Right away I could tell a difference, but after wearing it for a day I became rather uncomfortable with it and haven't worn it since. I don't like the way it sits under the belly, I feel like I am squishing Coen's little body:(
Moving forward, we went to Cameron's football game after the Outlets, once again his streak of having at least one touchdown continues and the team CRUSHED the Steelers. He is such a good little player and loves the sport. We went to Cheryl and Dani's on Sunday to watch the Skins game. Cam showed up in his Giants jersey but watched the whole Skins game with more attention than I even paid, he even cheered for them which brought a tear to my eye- maybe not all hope is lost! lol. Anyways, it was nice to be able to go somewhere and have him stay occupied by football. He was even pissed about the whole punt controversy saying the refs were idiots and corrected Cheryl and I on one play where we thought the team had scored but they hadn't. He taught us, didn't he?
While at Cheryl's she was nice enough to let me borrow her medela breast pump with attachments, breast pads, storage containers, a baby carrying sling and other little clothes. Thanks so much Cheryl, your generosity is more than appreciated!
Kyle had a fabulous time in NY (well, Jersey) for the Giants game and I'm so glad he not only got to experience it but that the Giants won big for him while he was there. I'm sure it will be a time that he will never forget and I'm glad I was able to give that to him. He took a lot of pictures and was so excited to share them with me when he got home. Glad you had a great time baby:)
So that brings us to today. I had my OB appointment and everything is going A-Ok. I spoke to my OB about GBS (Group B Strep) and if I had it with Cameron, would I have it with this pregnancy. She said even though I had it before and even though I am having a c-section they will still test for it in a few weeks just in case my water breaks before the scheduled c-section. I'm fine with that, it was just one of my questions. I start going every week to the OB from here on out which means I will have 2 Dr. appt every week until delivery, geesh. I also got my swine flu vaccination today, Cameron will be getting the mist version on October 23rd.
I have off this Friday to prepare for my best friend Jessica's wedding. I'm very excited for her and this day, she is one of those that has been waiting for her dream day since she was a little girl. Her Uncle Kenny passed away this past Sunday which was not the greatest of timing and I know he will be on her mind a lot this weekend. I will just have to remind her that she has a guardian angel looking over her on this blessed day.
Well, thats all I have for now. I have a sonogram on Tuesday so I will post with all new pictures for your viewing pleasure. Have a great week! Peace.




No comments:
Post a Comment