Tuesday, October 6, 2009

T minus 48 Days

There comes a time when every soon-to-be Mommy starts to freak out. Well folks, this is my time.

I came to realize when speaking with my boss last week that time is really flying now. I am under 7 weeks away from the c-section and less than 6 weeks away from my last day of work. Discluding weekends and other random days that I have off, I have 27 working days left. The answer is yes people, I have a countdown on my calendar lol. With that being said, there has been a rush here at MedImmune to find my replacement while I am on maternity leave and I've started to push papers off of my desk and clean up shop. Because of this sudden realization that hey, I'm gonna have a baby soon, I came home last week and started to get Coen's room together. Its coming along, and as soon as my lovely husband clears his crap out of the closet, I will be pretty much done. We are going to get the stroller and bassinet this weekend along with a few little other things and then all thats left to do is pack the hospital bag. Ahhhh, then and only then will I finally feel prepared. I can't wait to have that feeling!

So this past weekend I had my maternity massage which was a gift from Kyle for my birthday. It was AMAZING. I absolutely 100% recommend City of Mongolia Spa in Urbana, MD. I never wanted it to end:( She focused on my neck, back and cankles...yes apparently the ankles have joined forces with the calves...so sad.

Yesterday my co-workers surprised me with a baby shower, it is the first time that I have ever had something thrown for me as a surprise and it was so fun. Yummy cupcakes, ice cream and refreshments along with a few outfits for Coen and some large gift certificates. I'm so thankful for my co-workers but it still doesn't make me any more sad to leave them in November for 10 weeks hehee.

Kyle is going to NY (well, NJ really) this weekend to attend his very first Giants game in the Meadowlands. I have to say, I feel bad for him. He is a diehard Giants fan from NY and it must suck to not get to have the opportunity to see your team live when you want too. Not only does he have to go out to bar on Sundays because they don't broadcast most Giants games on TV here, but he has to travel 4-5 hours to see a game at the stadium. It was important for me to get Kyle these tickets, it is afterall the last year that the Giants will play in this stadium before moving into the new one next season. Kyle does so much for me and for the benefit of our family, he deserves this and I'm very excited for him. I only wish I could join him, but my prego belly says NO NO NO.

Lastly for today's post, a little update on Coen. Funny enough as he has gotten bigger I have felt more and more movements in the past week or so. I really wish I could have an ultrasound right now to see if all that movement I have felt in the past few days was him moving into the correct position instead of being breech. The movements haven't felt like kicks, it feels like he is doing somersaults, sometimes it can actually be pretty painful. I have been having slight contractions, most of which are braxton hicks but some have felt more like the real deal. It is getting increasingly hard to stay comfortable, sleep is almost a joke at this point and I feel like I smoked 5 packs of cigarettes after walking up just one flight of stairs. EEK. I've actually discussed with Kyle the possibility of him going back to his old hours (9-6) until the baby comes to help me out in the mornings, yesterday I went from the basement to the top floor at least 3 times and about passed out afterwards...it's getting rough and I don't see it getting any better before Coen arrives.

I hope everyone's week is splendid and if you have a three day weekend coming up, POO ON YOU. What, like I don't want to celebrate Columbus sailing the Ocean Blue? Geesh.

Later.

2 comments:

Donna and Thorne said...

Glad all is going well for you.
Unfortunantly, I'll be working until they tell me its a no longer. So no telling when exactly that will be lol.

Tell Kyle that I hope his Giants win this week...because they are going to lose against my Saints the following week hehe.

Raising Twin Girls said...

Wow....where did the time go? I'm sure it has gone slow for you but it feels like you just got pregnant.

I bet Kyle will enjoy his time at the game and we will be cheering the Skins on to another win (hopefully).

Keep up the good work...you are in the home stretch now.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones