I just got back from my OB appointment and I was very happy to have Kyle join me at today's visit. I was supposed to have a sonogram at 11:30 but right away they asked me to leave a urine sample and sit in a regular exam room. I thought it was weird but didn't really think much of it, except that I mentioned to Kyle that because they have the results of my peri appt from yesterday, they might decide not to do a sono on me today. The OB came in shortly after and started doing a routine exam, she asked me about my sonogram yesterday and mentioned that she went ahead and cancelled the sonogram for today since my "insurance probably wouldn't like me having another one!" Dagger, my suspicions were right and I was more bummed for Kyle than anything else since he missed yesterday's appointment. Moving on.
She checked the heartbeat, its steady at 142, and we began discussing various things including whether or not she things the mist version of the H1N1 vaccine is okay for Cameron (she said yes by the way) and I happened to ask her if she felt the measurements from my peri yesterday were accurate in terms of the weight. It must have been THEN that she decided to actually look at the measurements. She told me that she felt 5 pounds 13 ounces was a tad large, and asked me if they had said anything to me about it. I said no, and she then told me she was going to call them to verify things, mainly the fact that they measured his head at 36 weeks and his legs at just under 34 weeks. I asked her if she would call me after talking to them and she said we would just do growth scans at her office from now on, beginning next week. At that point Kyle said (and thank god he did because I wasn't going to) if we could have a growth scan today. The OB asked me if I would like that and I said of course! I mean, if something was wrong with the growth of my child, I wanted to know right now, not wait until next week! So we were put back in the waiting room to be called for the sonogram. I have to admit, I was a little pissed off. If she would have viewed the measurements in the first place maybe she never would have cancelled the sonogram. But, since she did, we would have to wait until there was an opening. Grrrr I tell ya.
So, after about 10-15 minutes of waiting we get called back by the ultrasound tech. She begins the exam and does the measurements, not really saying anything to us about anything. When she is done she tells us that her stats are comparible to the Peri but that everything is proportionate and within "range" of what it should be. She then asked how tall Kyle was, we both laughed when we answered 5'5 and she said that it's all about genetics. Thinking back, it does make sense about the big head, it was the reason afterall that they told me in the delivery room that I needed a c-section, because Cam's head was too big. With that being said, I am fully preparing myself for a short baby with a large head. The tech assured me that things would "even out" so we will see. She also said that the anatomy of everything including the head/brain looked great so at least we have nothing to worry about on that end.
Lastly, the OB told me that I could have the Biophysical Profile exams done every week at their office instead of continuing to have to go to the Peri. I'm torn on this decision. For one, I like the Peri- they are always on time, the sonograms are always magical to watch AND I always get my 3D pictures. The only downside is that it is a $40 copay every week and an additional time I have to take off of work to attend the appointment. Logically, I will discontinue my Peri appointments and deal with not getting my 3D photos anymore... it will just leave more excitement for when Coen is born and I get to see his face in real life. Ideally, I would love to just cancel my OB and continue to go to the Peri, but since they are the ones that will be cutting me open in a few weeks and putting my insides on the outside, I'm going to shut my mouth!
My next OB appointment is Oct 28th, only 4 more of those suckers to go! I have 18 more working days and 33 days left until the c-section. The countdown countinues, lets get r done!
Peace.




2 comments:
I have to laugh about your comment about a short large head baby. I'm sure Coen will be perfect in every way!
The count down is really here isn't it? Time is flying by. I too missed my appointments at the peri, but the time away and cost was adding up for us too. Keep the updates coming.
SOOOO EXCITING!!! I can't wait to meet Coen!!!
Post a Comment