I'll start off today's post by quickly saying that we are READY for this baby to show up. I packed my hospital bag this past weekend and Coen's room is clean, organized and so adorable (YES, even the closet has been cleaned out!!!) It was a very productive weekend for Kyle and I, the house looks great, laundry was done and my nesting was working in overtime... but it's done and November 23rd can't come soon enough!
Monday we had our perinatologist appointment. If you remember back to last week, I wasn't supposed to go to them anymore but OOPS, dumb me forgot to cancel the appointment in time and they were going to charge me, so I figured I might as well go. The appointment went well, it was very quick and Coen's head was facing inward so we couldn't get a picture. I guess he had a case of the Monday's lol. Monday night we went to dinner for Aunt Linda's birthday, it was SO yummy and a great time! Even Cameron was well behaved which is always hit or miss so I was pleased. Hope you had a happy birthday Aunt Linda:)
I didn't sleep very well on Monday night, and no, it wasn't because the Redskins once again sucked. I just could NOT get comfortable. I was so tired that I even cried in front of some co-workers yesterday when they asked how I was doing. Being sleepless + hormonal does not equal a happy Shanny:( All I could think about yesterday was getting home and going straight to bed. Unfortunately for me, last night was not much better of a sleep as I had stomach cramping that woke me up at about 1:30am and I was unable to go back to sleep.
Today I had my OB appointment and it was the first time that I really just let loose of how I was feeling. I told the OB about my swollen feet, back aches, stomach cramps and lack of sleep. I'm sure its stuff she has heard all before, but she was very nice and understanding of my situation. We did a GBS test and she went ahead and checked my cervix, I have not dialated as of yet but she said she could feel the baby's head, that he was "way down there." We then began the discussion of bedrest and how she had no problem writing me a referral but she feared that my insurance company would deny the claim because there is technically nothing wrong with me or the baby. It is just not something I am willing to chance, I have bills and a mortgage which would be really hard to pay without a paycheck, so I declined the referral. I left the office and met Cheryl, Kelly and Jessica (oh and baby DJ) for lunch, we chatted for awhile and laughed a lot, I just love catching up with my girls!
On my way back to work I pondered about working from home for the next two weeks and what my supervisor would say to that option. I mean, I virtually could do everything I do right now at home since I am mostly working on a database and not doing real admin work as of late. When I got to work I talked it over with a co-worker and decided to send my supervisor an email. Within about 10 minutes he wrote back and said that he didn't see anything wrong with me doing it as long as I had the necessary software at home. Well, I do, so YAY beginning Monday I will be working from home until the baby comes:) Tears are being shed because I am so happy, to be able to have my feet up all day is a blessing and I am so thankful!
So, thats my good news for the day! Just coming in to the office for the remainder of this week to tie loose ends:) I will update again soon with a belly pic and pics of Coen's room so stay tuned!




2 comments:
Thats great news! Wish my boss would let me do that. I might as when I get closer to the date, but I'm betting on a no answer anyways LOL.
Sorry you have been feeling so bad. Its just right around the corner. Hang in there!
Yay for good appointments but double yay for being able to work from home. I wish I would have been able to work while on bed rest. At least I would of been doing something productive. Put your feet up and take it easy in your pj's!
Post a Comment