We had Coen's 2 week appointment with the pediatrician on Friday and everything went well. Coen is now past his birth weight and weighs a whopping 9 lb 6 oz! He is very close to outgrowing his newborn clothes, although he is still a tad small for the 0-3month outfits... they should have "In-betweenies" don't you think?
Life with the new baby has been great, Coen still proves to be a very easy baby for the most part. He sleeps, a LOT, but today he was actually awake and alert for a majority of the day. It was fun to have more interaction with him although he did get very cranky this evening. I believe that he over-exerted himself from being awake so much today but that is my personal diagnosis and really, what do I know? After a lot of rocking, feeding, rocking, walking, feeding and rocking some more, he finally sleeps next to me as I type this post.
I look over at him and two things happen. First, I get a tear in my eye because I still can't believe he is here. I find myself crying tears of joy a lot, fortunately I do this when Kyle isn't around so that he doesn't think I am going through some hormonal post-pregnancy ordeal. But the truth is, I feel so blessed with my life and when I look down at what Kyle and I created I get an overwhelming sense of happiness.
The second thing that happens is that my boobs start tingling and I feel my milk let down, I am a freaking milk machine! I'm happy about it, I didn't have this big of a supply for Cameron and I was nervous before Coen was born that I wouldn't be able to nurse him at all sooooo its all good in the hood:)
In other news, I'm pretty much done with my Xmas shopping, I just have two more gifts to get and everything I have so far is wrapped. I am not as ahead of schedule as I would have liked to be, but for just having a baby 3 weeks ago, I'm pretty proud of my efforts!
Cameron is still being a very good big brother and although we are having some behavioral issues, it was to be expected and he is actually doing a lot better than I anticipated. It has to be hard on him for his Mommy, who was his and only his for 7years, to be constantly holding, feeding and busy with another baby. I try my best but sometimes I see that it is not good enough and I don't blame him for throwing a fit here and there. In fact, it reminds me of a time when my Dad called Kyle with tickets to the Giants/Skins game but didn't have an extra one for me. I threw quite a fit about that myself, thinking damn, I don't like sharing my parents! (That would be a spoiled little only child for ya!) Anyways, my goal is to make sure Cam has an extra great Xmas and I am going to try and find a sitter for Coen on the 23rd to take Cami to see the new Chipmunks movie.... a little date for me and my big boy!
Tuesday night Coen will have his first encounter with a sitter, my Mom is watching him while I go with my Dad to help him with Xmas shopping. I am going into my work on Wednesday to show Coen off to my co-workers and Thursday night we are heading to the In-laws to celebrate Chanukah! Busy week ahead of us but looking forward to it and other holiday celebrations coming up:)
So the Giants/Eagles game is about to come to an end which means bed time! I'll leave you with some pics of the lil man and catch all of you on the flip side:)
Santa's Little Helper:)
Life with the new baby has been great, Coen still proves to be a very easy baby for the most part. He sleeps, a LOT, but today he was actually awake and alert for a majority of the day. It was fun to have more interaction with him although he did get very cranky this evening. I believe that he over-exerted himself from being awake so much today but that is my personal diagnosis and really, what do I know? After a lot of rocking, feeding, rocking, walking, feeding and rocking some more, he finally sleeps next to me as I type this post.
I look over at him and two things happen. First, I get a tear in my eye because I still can't believe he is here. I find myself crying tears of joy a lot, fortunately I do this when Kyle isn't around so that he doesn't think I am going through some hormonal post-pregnancy ordeal. But the truth is, I feel so blessed with my life and when I look down at what Kyle and I created I get an overwhelming sense of happiness.
The second thing that happens is that my boobs start tingling and I feel my milk let down, I am a freaking milk machine! I'm happy about it, I didn't have this big of a supply for Cameron and I was nervous before Coen was born that I wouldn't be able to nurse him at all sooooo its all good in the hood:)
In other news, I'm pretty much done with my Xmas shopping, I just have two more gifts to get and everything I have so far is wrapped. I am not as ahead of schedule as I would have liked to be, but for just having a baby 3 weeks ago, I'm pretty proud of my efforts!
Cameron is still being a very good big brother and although we are having some behavioral issues, it was to be expected and he is actually doing a lot better than I anticipated. It has to be hard on him for his Mommy, who was his and only his for 7years, to be constantly holding, feeding and busy with another baby. I try my best but sometimes I see that it is not good enough and I don't blame him for throwing a fit here and there. In fact, it reminds me of a time when my Dad called Kyle with tickets to the Giants/Skins game but didn't have an extra one for me. I threw quite a fit about that myself, thinking damn, I don't like sharing my parents! (That would be a spoiled little only child for ya!) Anyways, my goal is to make sure Cam has an extra great Xmas and I am going to try and find a sitter for Coen on the 23rd to take Cami to see the new Chipmunks movie.... a little date for me and my big boy!
Tuesday night Coen will have his first encounter with a sitter, my Mom is watching him while I go with my Dad to help him with Xmas shopping. I am going into my work on Wednesday to show Coen off to my co-workers and Thursday night we are heading to the In-laws to celebrate Chanukah! Busy week ahead of us but looking forward to it and other holiday celebrations coming up:)
So the Giants/Eagles game is about to come to an end which means bed time! I'll leave you with some pics of the lil man and catch all of you on the flip side:)
Santa's Little Helper:)
HAIL!
And even though this is MY blog, I'll keep Kyle happy by posting this:







4 comments:
He is absolutely gorgeous! I'll babysit!!
I'm happy to hear he's gaining the weight, he sure looks like it.
I am so happy for you guys! This Christmas is going to be extra special.
Although he's adorable in all 3 pics, the one in the Skins outfit is the cutest!
He's a big bruiser! He looks adorable. - Tkeys
How adorable Shannon. Congrats
Post a Comment