Thursday, January 21, 2010

T Minus 11 Days

I am closing in on my last week home with Coen and I just don't know how I am going to handle it. We worked so hard for this little miracle baby and I'm not ready to leave his side. I wish I would have used these 10 weeks as a way to search for a new job, something closer to home to spend more time with the boys and less time sitting in traffic.... or even something that I could do from home. Now more than ever I wish I would have taken that life insurance agent position where I could have done a majority of work from home and made my own schedule. Damnit, if only the economy wasn't such a piece o' sh*t and I could feel confidant that people would actually buy life insurance. Grrrr.

So I know I have touched on how great of a big brother Cameron is, but I feel like this picture justifies that statement! It's one thing to play with your brother, but it takes a great big brother to actually get inside the toy with your brother:)

Photobucket
On Tuesday night Cameron helped me give Coen a bath by washing Coen's hair. He also put lotion on the baby, picked out his outfit and helped me dress him. I have to admit that part of me just wants to do it myself, the quick and right way, but how could I ever turn him away from wanting to take part in these activities? That's right, I can't!
You may have noticed a new picture above the CBox on the right hand side and I wanted to touch on that. One of my dear friends, Eve, from the message boards recently lost one of her twins, William Scott, at 25 weeks pregnant. Eve, like myself, had to undergo IVF to conceive her precious miracles and it just seems so unfair for God to take one baby away. I know that the saying is that God has a reason for everything and we can learn from those reasons, but I really can't understand what we can learn from an innocent baby being taken away.... there is no lesson learned, only hearts broken. Eve, you are a strong woman and I pray for you everyday. I hope Abby stays strong and makes it to a healthy and safe delivery. We will never forget baby Will.
Lastly, I would like to acknowledge the fact that we have found a new home for one of our puppy dogs, Jeter. This was a very hard decision to make, but our dogs are just not getting the proper attention and love that they desire and deserve. Our lives (Kyle's and mine) revolve around our boys and when we come home from work we spend every second with them, leaving little to no time for the dogs and it is to only get worse as Coen gets older and more playful. I found a wonderful family to take Jeter, the kids were about 10 and 14, and they loved him from the second the saw him. The little boy even asked me if Jeter would sleep in his room on his bed with him... which to Jeter would be the biggest treat ever:) They have a huge peice of land and high fence, and now Jeter is the center of their world where he deserves to be. Many people have wondered how Milo is doing, surprisingly he is doing great and is being so well behaved- which is a new thing for Milo:) hehe just kidding, he is an awesome dog, just more mellow since Jeter has left. We are still in the hunt for a good home for Milo and he will go to nothing less than a spectacular family. We did this because we love our dogs and want the best for them, it is the most unselfish thing we have ever done.
Until next time, God bless.

1 comment:

Raising Twin Girls said...

I know what you mean when you talk about the struggles of going back to work. I am still trying to find a better position that would allow me to be home more, but so far no luck. I hope the transition isn't too difficult for you. Enjoy the last few days and make the best of them. I love your dog's name. We are throwing the idea of naming our next dog Jeter!!! I'm glad he has a good home now.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones