Mother Nature knew that I was not quite ready to leave my baby boy and go back to work, so she pounded us with over four feet of snow and I was off of work for four days- it still isn't enough time to be home in my opinion, but any extra time is appreciated:)
I think me giving birth brings on blizzards, the February after Cameron was born (2003) we had the 7th biggest recorded snowfall here in Maryland, and now Coen brought #1. Wonder what would happen if I have a baby in July? lol.
So what has been up with me lately? Hmmm, well, first I guess is just coming back to work from my maternity leave. You know, it was very hard but knowing that I am leaving Coen in good hands during the day made it a bit easier. He is staying with my neighbor, Danyelle, and she is also watching Cameron before and after school. She has really been a lifesaver for me, now I just have to walk the boys across the street vs. driving Cameron to school, Coen to the babysitter and then to work... it drops about 30 minutes off of my morning commute, not to mention she is saving me about $150.00 in daycare fees.
Coen had his two month appointment on 1/29 and he weighed 12 pounds 12 ounces. He is still proving to be a very big boy, already wearing 3-6 month clothing. The Dr. put Coen on Zantac for his reflux and it has made him a brand new baby. I was definitely dealing with a tough little booger for awhile, the evening hours were hell and Kyle and I would just look at each other with desperation because Coen would just cry and cry, there would be nothing that we could do to calm him down. The Zantac has made it much more enjoyable for us and I know Coen feels better too! He smiles and giggles, and actually sits down in his swing for more than 5 minutes without screaming. I'm glad I was able to convince the Dr. to prescribe Coen the medicines, it has made for a much happier Mommy Daddy and baby!
In terms of development, as I said before, Coen is smiling, giggling and coo-ing up a storm. He is so funny and I just love all the little noises he makes. The thing that makes him laugh the most is when we call him stinky-poo, go figure, but man that kid has some gas issues. I must check his diaper 100 times a day thinking he let one loose but it turns out to only be gas. He definitely got that from his Father!
Cameron is doing wonderful, he got another report card (2 S's and the rest O's) which was still very impressive to me. His teacher agreed with Nelson and I to nominate him for the Magnet Program for gifted and talented students. We will fill out the application soon and then he will take a placement test in the next month or two. We haven't decided whether or not he will definitely go to the school if he gets accepted, but we would like to at least have the option because we don't feel as though he is getting challenged enough. The 2 S's were due to Cameron not paying attention or getting off task which we believe is because he is bored in class. We will see, and I will keep you posted.
Lastly, but certainly not leastly, about a week or two before having to go back to work I decided that..well.. that I didn't want to go back! I really thought about it and conversed with my best friend, Cheryl, and we put together a plan to open up our own home daycare! It's at the beginning stages, there are some classes that we need to take and we have an orientation on March 9th, but there is no reason for us not to be open by summer of THIS year. Cheryl is a Mommy too, her little boy DJ is 8 months old and the cutest little thing! We both want to be at home with our babies and this is ultimately the best way to do it. We can be our own bosses, be with our babies and bring in a good amount of money. Doing big things in 2010!
I've set up a poll of possible daycare names, please choose which one you like the most because we need a name soon and want your opinions!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Valentine's Day! My office is closed on Monday so I am very excited to have another 3 days with my boys! Life is good:)
Til next time.......




No comments:
Post a Comment