Hello, my name is Shannon and I am not a hypochondriac. I have some friends that I believe are, I think they are nuts, I am not one of them. If I don't feel good, it's because I genuinely do not feel good. If I think something is wrong with a part of my body, usually there is something wrong. However, lately I feel like my body is really pissed off at me because every time I turn around I am having issues. I've seen different doctors for different issues, my insurance company probably wants to drop me (because after all they did pay out over 15k for IVF and countless more dollar bills for my pregnancy and delivery!) and I feel like I'm leaving work every other day to go find out what my new problem is and how they are going to fix it.
UGH.
Issue #1- the Pain in my ASS
Literally.
My "coccyx" (pronounced Cock-six) or otherwise known as my tailbone, is causing enormous pain in my buttocks area. When I sit down, it can only be described as feeling like my tailbone is trying to punch through my skin and dig into the chair. I feel as though I am trying to sprout a tail:( Whether it be a nice soft chair or a hard wooden chair, it doesn't matter, I'm in pain. I've read up on the coccyx, and pregnancy/delivery can cause it to flare up. One of two things is happening, either it is inflamed or it is dislocated so that every time I sit down it moves out of place which causes the area to throb. It started to bother me after Coen was 3-4 weeks but I figured it was just because I was fat and needed to lose weight. Well, I have lost about 35 pounds since Coen was that age and the pain is only getting worse. I've decided that I need to go ahead and see a Dr about this. Since I am in the midst of switching insurance companies, trying to find a Dr has been another pain in the ass. So frustrating, but I just received a message on my machine that it appears that the issue has been resolved and I can make my appointment. I hope it is something that can be fixed easily, but my friend "google" states that 9 out of 10 times, the coccyx needs to be surgically removed. Ahhh the days of having to sit on a donut pillow are ahead, HOTT. I'll keep you posted on this.
Issue #2: My Ovaries are BAAAACCCCKKKKK. (my Male readers may want to skip ahead to issue #3)
I was experiencing heavy cramping in my lower abdominal area a week or two ago, it was accompanied with nausea and discharge. I decided to make a call into my OB because I was nervous that it may be an infection and those things don't cure themselves. I saw my OB and after he asked me if I thought I could be pregnant (haha yeah RIGHT) he did a pelvic exam where he determined that I had ovarian cysts. I had them before so I wasn't overly concerned about the issue, he said that they would pop or dissolve on their own most likely and to see him if the pain continued after a couple of days. A couple of days past and boom, Aunt Flo came to visit. She had been gone for a very very long time and I was not very happy to see her. Anyways, she came and she came angry. It has by far been the worst period I have ever had, it is heavy and I'm passing blood clots, not to mention the menstrual cramps! A week later and no let up, I realized that this may not only be my period, but some of those damn cysts popping. I debated whether to call my OB and make sure that everything was okay, but I chose to just wait it out. I HATE being that annoying patient that calls over every little thing although I do realize that sometimes it is necessary. Anyways, guess this is a to be continued issue as well, the OB wants to see me in a few weeks to see if I develop more cysts after I ovulate. He said that this situation could very well be my body getting back into ovulation mode and I won't experience it again- we will go with that, that makes me feel better.
Issue #3: My big Toe:(
A few weeks ago my big toe started to bother me, I could tell my toenail was digging into my skin so I clipped the toenail to relieve the pressure. Last night the pain was ridiculous. My toe was officially swollen, red and infected. Kyle almost puked while I was doing my "surgical skills" and he told me that I needed to go to the Dr. pronto. I called this morning and saw a podiatrist, Dr. Footer! (haha great name for a foot Doctor, right?) I did in fact have an ingrown toenail so he numbed my toe and pulled out the toenail, I didn't watch but he did show me the nail that was growing into my skin and it was huge. Let's just say, my surgical skills were never going to get that thing out. I have to be on meds to fight the infection and do a warm water soak twice a day for 10 days. As we speak I sit here with a bandaged up toe, and a slipper on the foot because I can't fit into my shoe (which incidentally sucks because the slipper is made out of sponge like material and its raining outside!)I go back to see him and he will check to make sure everything is okay, then we will begin the discussion of permanently removing the root to the side of my toenails so that it will never happen again. Oh joy, can't WAIT for that appointment.
YAY, so that is it for my issues right now, you wanna be me don't you? On the plus side, Coen had his 4 month check up and he is doing simply perfect. He weighs 13 pounds 12 ounces now and the pediatrician was very happy with every aspect of his growing and development. Coen only gave a minor scream after one of the two shots but was fine by the time the bandaid was put on. Daddy came with us to this appointment so I think he was trying to be a tough guy in front of him! Kyle is busy playing Mr. Mom while he continues to look for new employment and he is enjoying spending the days with Coen very much. I'm a little jealous at the bond they are forming while Mommy is at work, but I'm confident that I am still Coen's favorite...well, next to Cameron that is.
I'm looking forward to Easter weekend, having dinner with the family and giving the boys their Easter baskets. I have yet to get Coen to the Easter Bunny and I know it is something I have to do this week, I'll just have to fit it in between my busy schedule with seeing every type of Dr. there is in this world!
Have a great week, and Happy Easter everyone! (And Happy Passover to my beautiful Jewish readers that I love! )




No comments:
Post a Comment