Sorry I didn't post Easter pictures last week, I was quite busy at the office and had zero time to post a blog. We had a fantastic Easter at the Boorstein household, it was very low key and relaxing which is just the way I wanted it. I of course missed a few family members that weren't there but enjoyed the company of my parents and cousin Laura. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice to be able to hang outside and embrace the fresh air. Coen really enjoyed his first Easter, especially the bunny that was in his basket. He just loved to eat and slobber all over it! Cameron was in Busch Gardens with his Dad's family for most of the weekend so we didn't do the traditional Easter with him, but when he got dropped off at the house early afternoon he was excited to get his basket, search for eggs and open a few additional presents from me and my parents.
Coen is rolling over in full force now, with no assistance from us. He is now even starting to try and roll over in his sleep, but I lay him on a wedge so he just gets to the side and stays put. He is sleeping SO well, last night it was 9-7:) His absolute favorite toy is his Bounce-a-roo and Kyle so lovingly refers it as "crack for babies". But seriously, you put Coen in it and he starts to go crazy, bouncing up and down, making all sorts of noises- it's hilarious. We video taped it and I know it is going to be something we will fondly look back on. Lastly, Coen is really getting his hand/eye coordination down and reaching for his toys... of course grasping and pulling them straight towards his mouth. He is also starting to reach for his bottle and his eyes light up when gets ahold of it. I love all of these little developments, I watch him in amazement and pride... I am so in love with both of my boys:)
Big brother got reading glasses! He looks so awesome in them and told me that everything now looks "3D" with them on. I had to laugh and explain to him that life is in 3D, and he said he knew that, but that everything in life was so much clearer! hehe, so cute.
As for me, I am having surgery on both of my big toes on May 5th to permantly stop the roots of my toenail from growing on the sides. I'm very excited to never have to go through the pain of an ingrown toenail again once this procedure is over. And for the tailbone issue, I had Xrays done and the Dr. told me exactly what I did NOT want to hear- that there was nothing he could do for me. Well, I didn't accept that, because time has not made the pain better, only worse. So he referred me to a pain management Dr who I will be seeing today. Apparently at some point, and I don't know when, my tailbone disclocated. It is back in place but the damage to the muscle/tendons around it are inflamed which is what is causing the pain. I am going to be getting a shot of cortisone in that area to help the healing process along and hopefully relieve the pain. I pray this is the answer, but who knows.
I'm still losing weight, at -26 pounds. The weight loss has slowed down a bit but I kind of expected that would happen eventually. Afterall if I kept losing weight at the rate I was I would be down 100 pounds in just a few months. Kyle and I are starting P90X (well Kyle started this morning and if I feel okay after the shot I start tonight) I am very excited to have Kyle participating in a work out regime with me, and I hope to keep each other motivated. The goal of the program is to commit to 90 days (which by the way time is flying is literally nothing) and we should see huge results. Kyle is doing the "get big" program and I am doing the "lean" program. From what I have been told and read, this is an intense workout so I'm nervous, but ready!!! I will actually be starting another blog to document that journey and keep it private for now, but my goal is to have such huge results that I will be confident in sharing them with all of you, and whoever else might what to take the challenge and see what it is all about.
Lastly, prayers for Amanda today. She is in active labor and Brady should be making his grand entrance into this world today!
Leaving you with pictures today, have a wonderful week and I'll be back to post soon!
Cameron Dying Eggs
Coen is rolling over in full force now, with no assistance from us. He is now even starting to try and roll over in his sleep, but I lay him on a wedge so he just gets to the side and stays put. He is sleeping SO well, last night it was 9-7:) His absolute favorite toy is his Bounce-a-roo and Kyle so lovingly refers it as "crack for babies". But seriously, you put Coen in it and he starts to go crazy, bouncing up and down, making all sorts of noises- it's hilarious. We video taped it and I know it is going to be something we will fondly look back on. Lastly, Coen is really getting his hand/eye coordination down and reaching for his toys... of course grasping and pulling them straight towards his mouth. He is also starting to reach for his bottle and his eyes light up when gets ahold of it. I love all of these little developments, I watch him in amazement and pride... I am so in love with both of my boys:)
Big brother got reading glasses! He looks so awesome in them and told me that everything now looks "3D" with them on. I had to laugh and explain to him that life is in 3D, and he said he knew that, but that everything in life was so much clearer! hehe, so cute.
As for me, I am having surgery on both of my big toes on May 5th to permantly stop the roots of my toenail from growing on the sides. I'm very excited to never have to go through the pain of an ingrown toenail again once this procedure is over. And for the tailbone issue, I had Xrays done and the Dr. told me exactly what I did NOT want to hear- that there was nothing he could do for me. Well, I didn't accept that, because time has not made the pain better, only worse. So he referred me to a pain management Dr who I will be seeing today. Apparently at some point, and I don't know when, my tailbone disclocated. It is back in place but the damage to the muscle/tendons around it are inflamed which is what is causing the pain. I am going to be getting a shot of cortisone in that area to help the healing process along and hopefully relieve the pain. I pray this is the answer, but who knows.
I'm still losing weight, at -26 pounds. The weight loss has slowed down a bit but I kind of expected that would happen eventually. Afterall if I kept losing weight at the rate I was I would be down 100 pounds in just a few months. Kyle and I are starting P90X (well Kyle started this morning and if I feel okay after the shot I start tonight) I am very excited to have Kyle participating in a work out regime with me, and I hope to keep each other motivated. The goal of the program is to commit to 90 days (which by the way time is flying is literally nothing) and we should see huge results. Kyle is doing the "get big" program and I am doing the "lean" program. From what I have been told and read, this is an intense workout so I'm nervous, but ready!!! I will actually be starting another blog to document that journey and keep it private for now, but my goal is to have such huge results that I will be confident in sharing them with all of you, and whoever else might what to take the challenge and see what it is all about.
Lastly, prayers for Amanda today. She is in active labor and Brady should be making his grand entrance into this world today!
Leaving you with pictures today, have a wonderful week and I'll be back to post soon!
Cameron Dying Eggs
Eggstra Awesome!
Coen Meets the Easter Bunny!
Coen IS the Easter Bunny!
His first Easter Basket:)
Enjoying the Outdoors with Family...
And Our Easter Family Portrait!














No comments:
Post a Comment