Thursday, March 25, 2010

On This Day Last Year....

I was 16DPO (days past ovulation...or in this case egg retrieval) my vag was killing me, irritated as hell from the progeterone suppositories and I couldn't take it anymore. I called Nurse Mary and begged for relief. She said that she would bring me in for an early beta, if I was pregnant she would switch me to progesterone shots and if I wasn't, I could just go ahead and stop all meds.

I was so excited to have an early beta, to not have to wait an extra 2 or 3 days to know if we were actually pregnant, and not only pregnant, but a pregnancy that we were actually going to be able to keep. Beta day was filled with anxiety because of the pain I felt from IVF#1 and our chemical pregnancy, I didn't want to have to go through that again, put Kyle through the pain or know that another IVF would be in our future. I waited, and waited...and waited some more....

Everytime the phone would ring my heart would skip a beat. Okay, I'm lying, it would skip about five beats. Finally, the phone rang and the caller ID read "Shady Grove Fert" and I knew this was the call. I answered, my voice-hands-feet shaking, and it was Nurse Mary. I'll never forget the words "Well sweetie, your beta came in at 134 so I'd say you are very much pregnant!" I asked her if she was serious, she of course said yes, and then I started to cry and Nurse Mary started to cry with me.

I called Kyle and gave him the good news, even though I don't think he really believed it until we had the sonogram a few weeks later. I quickly jumped onto my blog and posted the news for all of my fabulous loyal readers and friends, it was a post I had dreamt about making for over a year. It was a post that I will never forget.

A year later and we have one amazing little 4 month old boy. Coen is such a wonderful addition to our already outstanding family. Big brother Cameron adores him, and Kyle and I feel so lucky to have two beautiful boys.

Yes, yes indeed I am Blessed With Blue.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones