Oh, do you like it? It's been out since November 2009 and I wear it everyday! It's for men and women of all ages, Kyle and Cameron love wearing it as well. Some people plug their noses at the smell but let me tell you, if you love the overwhelming sense of sour milk and don't mind a little white residue that it leaves on your clothes than this perfume is definitely for you! It's called "Burp Juice" by CRB. If you are interested, come on by the house- we're giving away free samples and I promise you will get more than your fair share!
LOL.
Happy Tuesday Everyone, and a big Happy 4 Month Birthday to my lil Stink, Coen:) I cannot believe how big he is getting and the personality that he is developing. He is so freakin cute, as biased as I may be:)
Time to update the baby book! On Sunday, Coen decided that he would like to try and roll over. Now, if you read my previous post you know that I was in no rush for this to happen and I was pretty sure that his lack of tummy time was a big factor in why he wasn't already rolling over. He uses my finger to grab ahold of and pulls himself to his tummy, so he has yet to do this part without assistance...BUT he rolls from tummy to back all by himself. His face is priceless when he does it, he lowers his eyebrows and pushes out his lips, his face has "What the hell just happened?" all over it. One of the best parts about all of this was that Coen and I shared about 15 minutes of tummy time, happy! He used his tiny little arms and perched his upper body up, interacting with me the whole time. It was great and a moment that I will never forget.
Now, as you can see, we still have issues with Coen smiling for the camera. He can be in the greatest mood but once I pull out the camera he stares at it with a confused look on his face. I'm sure he is thinking, "Oh geez, once again everytime Mommy and me are having a good time she pulls out this weird looking purple object and points it right at my face!" My hope is to get him used to that weird looking purple object soon so that we can get some really amazing pictures. Any suggestions as to how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated!
Another one for the book, Coen had his first encounter with cereal from a spoon last night. I wish I could say that it went well, but truth is, it was a failure. It basically went like this:
Spoon enters baby's mouth. Baby takes food. Baby spits out spoon and does not swallow food. Enter both hands into baby's mouth. Food now on hands and face, no longer in baby's mouth. Repeat.
He didn't really have any interest in the situation at all, but was quite comfortable in his high chair that Kyle put together. We will try again in a few weeks but I have a feeling that those fingers are going to become an issue. That child loves his hands, it's ridiculous. I blame Kyle of course, a thumb sucker, for passing on this trait to Coen. He spits out his pacifier to suck on his fingers, in fact everything that boy touches goes straight to his mouth. I know, he is a baby and that is what babies do, but holy begeezies. I never had to deal with that when Cameron was a baby, he was all about the pacifier and nothing else. Now I know that I have to be a hawk on Coen because anything he comes into contact with is going straight into that mouth. My favorite is when I am really close to his face playing with him and he wraps his arms around my head and pulls me to him, then proceeds to attack my face with his slobber. The other day he was napping and lost his pacifier so he became kind of restless. I watched him begin to suck on his thumb and couldn't help but laugh. He would suck suck suck and drift off back to sleep. His finger would start to fall out of his mouth which quickly woke him up and he would start to suck suck suck again. This was a repeating cycle for about 5 minutes and it was hilarious. Anywho, I just have to deal with him and those slobbery fingers, its a good damn thing he is so adorable to make up for it hehe!
Other news and notes...
I haven't really touched on this but it is really exciting and I would like to share. You remember my cousin Leslie, her and her husband Matt moved to Australia right after my wedding a few years ago. They did in-vitro around the same time that I did last year and got pregnant with their beautiful daughter, Hannah, who was born at the beginning of November. Well, they are finally moving back to the States!!! In a few short months I will get to meet Hannah and I am so excited. I think it is so cool that Hannah and Coen are so close in age, Leslie and I became so much closer going through the IVF process together and I can't wait for the family to be reunited and for the newest members of the family to meet (although Coen will probably just want to put Hannah's fingers in his mouth... but hey that means he likes you! lol)
Weight Update, I really really really wanted to hit a milestone before today's post but came up a tad shy, 6 ounces to be exact... but I am still happy to announce that I have lost a total of 19 pounds on the new weight loss regime. That is a total of 30 pounds down from my pre-pregnancy weight and 50 pounds down from the day I delivered Coen. I feel very good about this accomplishment and how I have done so far, unfortunately it is mostly in the numbers and not so much by looking at me...yet. I guess you can see it in my face a little, but I will need to hit big weight loss numbers to actually show a difference on my body. Annoying, but more motivation to keep losing:)
Kyle has a job interview tomorrow! Our very good friend, Jessica (also Coen's godmommy) put a good word in for Kyle at her job and submitted Kyle's resume on his behalf. Kyle spoke with him yesterday and he wants to meet with him tomorrow. Apparently he wants to have someone hired by this Friday and it would be a dream come true if that person selected is Kyle. Cross your fingers for us that this is a door opening to a great opportunity, and of course that the money is right $!$!$!
Well, that's it for now. Coen's 4 month check-up is next week so I will be back to update from that. Maybe I will even get to post a picture of a certain little cutie pie with an overgrown rabbit in a suit!!!! Hopefully Coen does not follow his big brothers footsteps when he meets the Easter bunny for the first time... let's just say the Easter Bunny was sporting some nice perfume, compliments of Cameron! Have a good week:)





1 comment:
So proud of YOU Shannon. Keep up the great work! Coen is adorable and I am keeping my fingers crossed for Kyle.
Post a Comment