So how do you like the new background of the blog? Thanks to my good friend, Mandy, I have my own personalized one of a kind blog and I LOVE it.
Let's see, so updates. Cameron lost one of his top front teeth yesterday! Nelson says that he looks like a hockey player lol. I must say, he does look a little bit goofy- but still a cutie. You know times have changed when your 7 year old wakes up and looks under his pillow, only to be disappointed that the tooth fairy only left him 2 dollars. I mean, I was happy with 50 cents back in the day! Anyways, here is a pic of the big boy cheesin for the camera:)
Lil Stink is coming down with a cold, I think. He sounds very congested, is coughing/sneezing and his nose is stuffed which makes him snore all.night.long. He doesn't seem to mind nor act like he is sick and I hope it stays that way. He actually loves to sneeze, he has the happiest face afterwards and then laughs when I say "Bless you."
The big debate is in, who does Coen look like? I can't believe how many people I saw this past weekend and each person had something different to say about it. Some people said he looks just like me, others said just like Kyle- and then I even got a few people say that he looked exactly like Cameron. I personally think Coen is a great mixture of all of us, he definitely has his Daddy's beautiful blue eyes and facial expressions. The shape of his face and chubby cheeks- yup that would be from me... and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but I do admit that when I look at Coen I can see Cameron. What an amazing addition to our family we have, every laugh and smile overwhelms all of us with happiness. Last night we went out to dinner with my parents and my Mom brought up about $7 in change for Cam to play video games. Instead he spent practically all of his money trying to win Coen a stuffed animal, he finally did and was so happy to give it to him. Coen is now the owner of a big pink bunny that says "I love hip hop" on it's belly. When we told Cameron that maybe his little sister, Emma, might like it more since its pink, he said "Well, I got it for Coen and I don't think he is going to complain about the color!" Indeed he is right, man he loves his little brother.
My best friend Jessica finds out the sex of her baby on the 15th! I can't WAIT to find out what it is, but I am sure she is feeling even more impatient about it than I am. This is my first shot at being an "auntie" since I am an only child and she is the closest thing I have ever had to a sister. Now I just have to get on my brother-in-laws to start making some babies! (My mother-in-law would agree with that statement as well)
Our neighbors came over last weekend for game night. I love game nights. We played a little electronic monopoly and it seems like everytime I play monopoly I realize how bad I really am at it. I still have fun, but damn I suck. Then we played girls vs. boys in Cranium and the boys were kicking our butts, until we staged the ultimate comeback and won! Of course the boys bitched and called us cheaters, blah blah, we'll do a rematch anytime! Laura is about 2 months away from delivering their baby boy, MJ (Michael James) and I am so excited for them. Her baby shower is this weekend in PA and I'm bummed that I can't make the trip, but I know it will be an awesome time for her. Coen surely can't wait for a friend next door, he told me so!
95% of my friends are preggers right now, I think it would actually be very hard to find a friend to call up and have a drink these days. I think its great that I will have so many friends that will have little ones, I'm imagining all of the play dates in our future.
This week, last year, was the week I went through my 2nd round of IVF egg retrieval and egg transfer. To me it is crazy that it has been a year already and so many things have happened. I didn't know what to expect or what was going to come out of the IVF round, I was just hoping for a miracle... and now I get to kiss that miracle anytime I want! Life is good.
Last but not least for today's updates- I'm losing weight! I've seen a weight loss Dr. who has started me on tri-weekly injections of B12 and I take a daily prescribed weight loss supplement. I started almost three weeks ago and have already lost 12 pounds! I desperately want to start exercising but I know that unless I get OUT of my house to do so, it will never happen. I have the wii-fit, but unless I lock myself in the basement where no kids can get to me, I will always be distracted. I found a Zumba class (which I have heard nothing but GREAT things about) near my house for 8 weeks only $35 on Saturday mornings. I wish I had someone to sign up with me, but I think regardless I am going to take the class. This will be my "me" time and although it will be spent getting my ass kicked, I know its only to better myself. I will keep you posted!
Please don't forget that I am walking in the Relay for Life walk to support the American Cancer Society. There is a link on the top right of my blog to make a donation or to read about the walk. I'm about $100 off of my goal and don't have that much time left! You can also email me at shannyboo52@gmail.com with any questions.
I hope everyone has an extraordinary weekend, god bless!







2 comments:
MANDY DID A GREAT JOB ON YOUR TEMPLATE:) and by the way i lovethe nick name stinker poo:) (meaghan, tapshoe)
Wow Coen is getting so big! The picture of him smiling is just so adorable. Cam looks so cute with his tooth gone. Did he get alot of money from the tooth fairy? hehe
Post a Comment