It seems as though my posts are getting few and further apart:( But, rest assured that it is for good reasons, and not just because I have lost the interest to blog- I'm not sure that will EVER happen.
I've taken on so many new responsibilites at work, as you may have read from my last post. I love keeping busy and learning new things, and I contribute the days "flying by" to my fast paced work days. The good news is, things are looking up for me here. I was told this morning that my supervisor is even in talks with my Manager about a promotion! Bad news, although it is a "promotion", it is not one that comes with a pay raise. You're thinking, huh? Well, I'd be promoted to a Coordinator, which in the heirarchy of my company is a step up- but in terms of the payscale- its the same. It's a bummer, but the opportunity to move up within a career ladder is much larger in a Coordinator position (actually, not even sure if they have a career ladder for the admins!) and I won't have to be anyone's bitch anymore (except for maybe Kyle's hehe)
My tailbone is still a pain in the ass, literally. I just went yesterday for my second round of nerve blockage injections and if this round doesn't work, they will try something new. As my Dr. told me, it will all be trial and error, I just love being their guinea pig:(
Weight loss update, I went to the Dr. today and drum roll please- another 9 pounds lost, total of 35 pounds lost in 3 months! The Dr. asked me if I noticed a difference, I mean you're kidding right? I'm no Jessica Alba but of course I feel (and see) the difference. My wardrobe sucks because nothing fits, I bought some clothes a few weeks back and they are already too big. My Mom says, "That's great!" And yes, it is great, but it also sucks when I have nothing to wear, ever. In fact, I tend to feel worse about myself when I am getting dressed in the mornings because I look so frumpy in my clothes, the crotch and butt look like I have a diaper on. Oh well, big treat to myself will be a whole new closet when I'm done losing weight.... just gotta figure out how to afford it!
Kyle is still job searching, although he had a promising interview last week and I have a really good feeling something will be coming his way shortly. Although I know he is ready to get out of the house, work and provide for his family again, I don't think he has ANY idea as to how much he is going to miss Coen during the days. Heck, I'm even going to miss him having Coen during the days, I love the picture messages he sends to me of Coen doing something cute, and the overall comfort I have knowing that Coen is safe in Daddy's arms.
Speaking of the Co-Bear, the lil guy now has two bottom teeth! They actually came in simultaneously, which was rough for him and his Mommy & Daddy:( At the end of the day I am glad it happened like that, better to have 1-2 rough weeks than 1-2 rough weeks for one tooth and then another 1-2 weeks for the next one. We had these teething tablets recommended to us and they really helped- they almost immediately calmed him down when he started to get cranky. Thank you, Modern medicine!
Coen is rolling over both ways now, he is becoming very mobile. He scoots his way across the floor/bed and will quickly get from one place to another, which makes me fear the day he actually starts to crawl and can really get going. Baby gate shopping is in my near future, for sure! The baby is now eating carrots and squash, as well as drinking apple juice from his bottle. He hasn't quite mastered the technique of lifting the bottle up so the juice can actually come out, but he has fun sucking the bottle itself, and throwing it on the floor for me to pick up. He is so sweet, right? He also loves his bounce-a-roo and Exersaucer, his fav thing is to sit in either of those and watch music videos or sports on the television. Definitely a Boorstein.
Here are some of the latest photos of the lil guy, we will be having his 6 month photo shoot in a few weeks so stay tuned for those awesome photos!
Speaking of teeth, as Coen is getting em, Cam is losing em! I now have a child singing that all he wants for Xmas is his two front teeth:) He lost his second front tooth while wrestling with his Dad a few weeks ago... come to think of it, he has lost all but one tooth at his Dad's house! That is for the best, I don't do well with the whole tooth hanging on by a thread thing. It was funny though, Nelson texted me a pic of Cameron with the missing tooth. I replied that I had no idea that the tooth was that loose. He said that he didn't either, that it just popped out when they were wrestling. He said Cameron freaked out and started screaming, OMG You pulled my tooth out You pulled my tooth out! He wasn't in pain, just in shock I guess.
This past weekend I took Cameron to Adventure Park for some Mommy/Cam time- I've been pretty good about doing 1:1 time at least once a month, so pat on the back for me! Saturday was "Big Brother Day", apparently on Mother's Day I told him that they should make a day for Big Brothers because he is a great one. He took me literally, and declared the Saturday after Mother's Day to be Awesome Big Brother day. Awesome, is right.
Here's toothless Cami.
So, the golf tournament was a HUGE success once again, we raised close to $8000.00 and it was a gorgeous day. It sure is stressful to plan, but the results are always worth it. This year we played very well, it was the first time I had been on the course in over a year. My Mother & Father-in-Law brought Cam and Coen up to the dinner afterwards which was nice too- and then they were our designated drivers home... thanks again Connie and Rich!
The following week I participated in the Relay for Life walk to benefit the American Cancer Society, which was another success. I had a great time, we raised money and I even won a one-hr teeth whitening and a signed football by Portis, Moss and McIntosh! Great, absolutely wonderful day!
My Mother's Day was equally as nice. Both sets of parents came up to our house to spend time with us, I ate crabs/shrimp with my Mom, Dad and Cam and everyone else enjoyed chicken on the grill. Cameron wrote me the cutest of cute letters and made me a beautiful bouquet of foam flowers, each flower having a nice thing to say about me. He said that he loves me because I am encouraging (well, encoraging according to Cam's dictionary) and I support him in his activities. Melt.My.Heart.
This past Sunday I went to a graduation party for my friend Michelle- which turned out to be an engagement party too! Her boyfriend had a huge speech, thanking everyone for coming and how proud he was of Michelle, then got down on one knee and proposed. I of course cried, much like the entire rest of the room, and it was a very awesome moment. So excited for Jayson and Michelle... FINALLY!!!!
Lastly, our neighbors Mike & Laura welcomed their little precious boy, Michael James, into the world on May 4th- exactly one year after my bestest friends Ang and Jason welcomed Cole! May 4th is definitely an awesome day, and we love our newest lil neighbor- and Coen is just loving all the BFF's he is getting!!!
Welcome MJ!
And Happy First Birthday Coley!
























No comments:
Post a Comment