Friday, February 4, 2011

Update on the boys... and me:)

Yet again I let another month+ pass without a blog post. Every once and awhile I think about having what I have written printed out (apparently you can have it printed in a book-like form for keeps) and closing down shop. Not sure what keeps me from doing that, I guess I fear that there will come a time when I need to vent, or announce something to my close followers (non-facebookers) and I won't have the outlet. Anywho, I'm back for today and I guess that is all that matters for now:)


Update on me and Kyle- he is doing SO well at Sheehy. January was a slow month, I guess people don't have the $$ to fix their cars after spending it all on Christmas. He still brought home some bacon to the family which is all I can ask for. We booked our vacation to Myrtle Beach for the week of July 16th, we will celebrate Kyle's 31st while we are there. I'm very excited, I haven't seen a beach since 2004 and I'm desperate for some fun! We are staying in a condo with my parents, and our good friends, The Dunn's have also gotten a condo in the same resort during that week. We have actually decided not to bring the baby on this trip:( After a LOT of deliberation, we felt that we deserved a true vacation without the hassles of nap times, early mornings after late nights, and meals out chasing a 1.5 year old. We ARE bringing Cameron, because he is self sufficient and gives us an excuse as adults to go to water parks and play putt-putt:) We will surely miss Coen, and my heart skips a beat just thinking about being there without him right now... but I know we need this time to thoroughly enjoy ourselves, relax and do the things that we want to do without having to haul a diaper bag around. Plus, I'm like 99% certain that Coen would eat the sand.


More on me, I'm back in school this semester, taking two online classes (Math and Business) and so far so good. I wanted to take more classes, but the thought of online math scared the bejeezies out of me, so I wanted to keep my situation under control and not put too much on my plate. Working full time, Mom to two kids, one of which is starting football again in a few weeks... I think two classes is just about all I can handle at this time. I'll get to the end goal one day if it kills me.


On to Cameron! Well, there isn't enough I could say about him right now. I'm so darn proud of him it hurts sometimes. He just received another straight O report card (second straight O report card this school year) He received another certificate for outstanding grades. Next week I will be witnessing him receive an award for Character Counts at an assembly the school is holding. He continues to be amazing with Coen, he reads to him and plays with him all of the time. I'm really really lucky, because his eagerness to be great is astounding. I don't think I ever had the motivation that he has, and he is only a second grader. I just pray he keeps it up, but for right now I'm the most proud Mommy in the world:)


And now to my little CoCo... I joke that this child is a terrorist, and part of me isn't kidding. There isn't a thing this baby won't get into, and the word "NO" is still foreign to him.. or at least thats what he makes me think when he gives me this look of "huh??" after I say it. His biting has slowed down considerably, which pleases me, and the other kids at daycare appreciate it too. He is now not just a walker, but a swift runner. He LOVES to be read to, but you have to make fun sounds and give the book character if you expect him to stay interested. He is getting taller and actually fits into some 18 month pants (although, he can still pull off 9-12 month pants so lets not get ahead of ourselves!) He says words like Mama, Dada, Baba, Juice, Cracker, Fish, and Shoes. He nods his head "yes" and "no" and I actually think he knows the difference sometimes. Other times I'm not so sure, like when I ask him if he is Mommy's little stinky guy and he nods yes. Hmmm, gotta wonder about this one. He also successfully can point to his tummy, ears, nose and mouth when asked. He is a marvelous painter (artwork below) and loves loves loves to dance. Coen is in a front facing carseat and enjoys watching Elmo on the DVD player in the car, much to my dismay (but I have determined it is hella better than Thomas the Tank Engine, trust me!)


I got a call from the Dr. to set up his 15 month check up appointment. 15?!?!?! When did that happen? Seriously, when the F did that happen???


So, that's about it for now. I'm sure I've missed a few things, so I'll try to catch up on more next post, whenever that may be. I'll end of this note- GO PACKERS:)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones